#6: Visit all 10 North Carolina minor league stadiums.
- Durham Bulls, Durham, NC. Tampa Bay Rays. Triple A, International League.
- Charlotte Knights, Charlotte, NC/Rock Hill, SC. Chicago White Sox. Triple A, International League.
- Carolina Mudcats, Zebulon, NC. Cincinnati Reds. Double A, Southern League.
- Kinston Indians, Kinston, NC. Cleveland Indians. Single A, Carolina League.
- Down East Wood Ducks, Kingston, NC. Texas Rangers. Single A, Carolina League.
- Winston-Salem Dash, Winston-Salem, NC. Chicago White Sox. Single A, Carolina League.
- Greensboro Grasshoppers, Greensboro, NC. Pittsburgh Pirates. Single A, South Atlantic League.
- Kannapolis Intimidators, Kannapolis, NC. Chicago White Sox. Single A, South Atlantic League.
- Asheville Tourists, Asheville, NC. Houston Astros. Single A, South Atlantic League.
- Hickory Crawdads, Hickory, NC. Texas Rangers. Single A, South Atlantic League.
- Burlington Royals, Burlington, NC. Kansas City Royals. Short-season Rookie, Appalachian League.
5 Comments Add yours
My three sons and I made it to each and every minor league stadium in North Carolina this year (not including college all star teams). After a family conference, we ranked them in order of preference. Here is our rankings!
1. Burlington Royals, Burlington Athletic Stadium – Best old time feel and interaction with the players. What minor league ball used to be.
2. Durham Bulls DBAP – Best overall stadium with best between inning activities.
3. Asheville Tourists McCormick Field – Old time history built into the side of a mountain.
4. Greensboro Grasshoppers NewBridge Bank Park – Gives the DBAP a strong run for it’s money with a great downtown feel.
5. Winston Salem Dash BB&T Ballpark – Great downtown location with the best stadium staff in the state.
6. Kinston Indians Grainger Stadium – You can just feel the history, too bad they are leaving.
7 – Carolina Mudcats Five County Stadium – Good modern park, but you feel distant from the action.
8. Hickory Crawdads LP Frans Stadium – Great interaction with the players, friendly staff, new park. Just lacks that “feel”.
9. Kannapolis Intimidators Cannon Stadium – Nice ballpark, but a kind of nasty announcer. Good if you are into NASCAR.
10. Charlotte Knights Stadium – Looking forward to that new ballpark in downtown Charlotte.
Thanks for sharing! I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who wants to see all of them.