baseball: unc @ duke, game two

baseball: unc @ duke, game two, originally uploaded by minervacat.

Six.

Yesterday’s game was a trainwreck of shitty pitching (on both sides) and bad umpiring (at first base). Game three takes the series today. It’s stopped raining, tickets are cheap, and there isn’t any other baseball going on in the Triangle today: why aren’t you going?

Hey, whoever’s googling for Brian Goodwin’s at-bat music: it’s “All I Do Is Win” by DJ Khaled, and you can thank my roommate for that information; she tracks our starting lineup’s and regular pitchers’ at-bat/intro music every year. It’s no Red Hot Chili Peppers or Massive Attack, or departed excellence like Brian Moran’s “The Rising”, Andrew Carignan’s “Enter Sandman”, and Mike Cavasinni’s 2007 season use of the main theme from The Boondock Saints or, especially, the mother of them all, Garrett Gore’s three year run of batting to C+C Music Factory’s “Everybody Dance Now”1, but it’s a pretty great song nonetheless. Also, it’s not whatever pop country radio appallingness Nate Striz is coming out of the bullpen to, which wins it some points. And the internet (by which I mean @diamondheels) tells me that freshman reliever Cody Penny is assuming the Adam Warren mantle and warming up to “Beat It”; A+, Mr. Penny, A+. Now live up to those shoes in your performance, eh?

1: canonically the greatest at-bat music in the history of at-bat music. i miss hearing that in the lineup every game, i won’t lie.

6 Comments Add yours

1. seenonflickr says:

I love that your roommate tracks at-bat/intro music. I used to do it for the Jays.

1. brandnewkindof says:

we also, for what it’s worth, do a lot of judging of at-bat music, although i suppose i can’t really expect 19 year old boys in the south to have better taste than pop radio country. 🙂

1. Armyballer37 says:

Ok, so I went to my first Tar Heels game last night and I wanted to know which song is the one that says, “Put your hands up, keep ’em up”?

2. brandnewkindof says:

The one where the students put their hands in the air? It’s Brian Goodwin’s at-bat music, “All I Do Is Win” by DJ Khaled. 🙂

2. Whatever says:

Can anyone identify the new at-bat song Dillon Hazlett is now using these last two home series? Sounds like the lyrics have something to do with ‘hate’? It’s bizarro…but that may just be my age showing…

1. brandnewkindof says:

No idea, sorry — it’s just appalling enough to my musical sensibilities that I haven’t tried to identify it. If I figure it out later in the season, when they come back from their road trip, I’ll post about it.