Rocking my world in terms of inspiration this week:
- How Shooting Film Can Improve Your Digital Photography.
- Sub-Studio Design Blog’s color-coded gift guides made me wish I bought nicer stuff.
- The work of Andy Goldsworthy, which came up in a conversation with Maj about people who produce huge inspiring things, or huge inspiring works, or live huge inspiring lives, who are not like normal people.
- 45 Breathtaking Examples of Slow Shutter Speed Photography. Woooooo boy, that’s some good-looking photos.
- The shots from the Your Best Shot 2009 pool being posted on the Flickr blog.
- 50 of the world’s best design blogs.
It’s sleeting like a mofo in the CH tonight, so let’s all look at this sunny blue sky, taken two Novembers ago, on one of those perfect fall Sundays in the South.
ETA: I posted this and then realized that I should maybe say something about the shot beyond tagging this “places i drove on a whim”. This shot is from an amazing little art installation in Lucama, NC (somewhere east of Wilson), built by a man named Vollis Simpson. You can read a little more about the art and Mr. Simpson here. Supremely awesome.